The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will test from a customer perspective, both manually and with automated tools. During the development cycle, the QA Analyst will work closely with the Software Developers, Product Management, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models, identify use cases, create test plans and test cases, and then execute tests. Additionally, they will be responsible for identifying and creating test automation solutions.
The ideal candidate will have great knowledge of software QA best practices, including real world experience of a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics. They will be expected to work with the development team in driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
3+ years’ in quality assurance analyst in Information Technology.
• 2+ years’ experience writing queries with SQL 2008/2012.
• Expertise with Word, Visio, Excel and/or MS project.
• Experience with SQL 2008/2012
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical staff.
• Excellent technical knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies, tools, processes and frameworks.
• Experience designing, implementing and executing test cases and reporting metrics on quality.
• Experience with functional, performance and stress testing for both web applications and back end services
• Analyze business requirements, functional and technical specifications to define test scope and test approach.
• Ensure changes made to requirements are translated into test plan and provide requirements traceability.
• Understanding of Relational database design.
• Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
• Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
• Experience with Web application testing with cross-browser experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Working on multiple concurrent QA projects against firm timelines.
• Excellent follow through and initiative and keen attention to detail.
• Gather and present daily/weekly project status metrics to Project Manager in timely fashion and